8.0

2010 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu:

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 132013

Malibu LT2 I4

"SERVICE ESC" dash light comes on along with "SERVICE TRACTION" light intermittently. Cruise control will not stay on. Brake lights stay on. All of these issues appear to be tied together. Very dangerous when brake lights stay on without applying the brake, as anyone behind me does not know when I actually apply them. Very surprised there has not been a recall on this yet. There is one for the 2013 Cadillac with identical description but not 2010 Malibu.

- , Granger, IN, USA

Mar 292013

Malibu LTZ

The esc light kept coming on and then I had no power steering...are you kidding me! I was heading into traffic and no steering...

Brought to the dealer and he informed me the entire steering column needs to be replaced to the tune of $675.00

UGH!!!!

- , West bridgewater, Massachusetts (MA), USA

Apr 112012

Malibu 4 cyl

have had my 2010 chevy malibu to the dealer 6 times related to the check ESC/check traction light keeps coming on. Dealer states they have fixed it each time but light continues to come on. Dealer states they have to follow GM guidelines on the repair before they can replace "the whole system". How many trips to the dealer does it take to get to that point? I told them if they still had my old truck that I traded in on the Malibu I would take it back. This has been an ongoing nightmare. Getting tired of being nice about it. It's gonna get UGLY!!!

- , Winchester, TN, USA