2010 Chevrolet Malibu seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu:

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 012010

Malibu

I bought my Malibu new in 2010, shortly atter the service ESC and traction lighrts kept comming on, I took to shop but thsy acted like I was nuts, later I got a recall and took to shop, said was fixed bu two days later same situtation, this has been an ongoing issue for 5 years mot only those but seatbelt come on and service airbags comes on constantly, I wrote to Chevy and all they did was sene me back to Chevy where they charged me and guess what, the problem is occuring, I emailed Chevy again months ago and have still no reply.

- Glassport, PA, USA

Oct 142014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the front passenger side seat belt failed to latch. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Flint, MI, USA

Dec 202013

Malibu 4-cyl

Stopped behind traffic and the vehicle behind me did not. Not sure how fast they were going, but fast enough to hit the rear of my car 2 times and push me into the vehicle in front of me. The problem is-- my air bags did not deploy. I am having issues with back and neck since the seat belt did not hold me in place. The drivers seat broke, but the passengers seat belt held, but no air bags.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Mar 242014

Malibu

When buckling seat belt it will click but seat belt light stays on I have to try several time for the light to go off. This happens when its warm or hot outside. Only drivers side is effected with this problem.

- Dothan, AL, USA

Sep 282013

Malibu 4-cyl

Child was putting seat belt on and it broke. Seat belt will not retract.

- Coventry, RI, USA

Oct 112012

Malibu

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated whenever the front driver's side seat buckle was engaged, the seat belt warning indicator would remain illuminated as though it was not closed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure failure mileage was 41,000.

- River Grove, IL, USA

Jul 192010

Malibu

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving 40 mph the other driver crossed over the lane and crashed into the contacts vehicle head on. The driver frontal and passenger air bags failed to deploy. The driver, front passenger, and rear passenger seat belts failed to restrain the occupants. The driver sustained injuries to her head, arm and fingers. The passenger in the front seat sustained injuries to her face, a broken finger, and the passenger in the rear seat sustained injuries to the back, arm, and head. The Michigan police report number 9217521 was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure and the current mileages were 1,000.

- Brighton , MI, USA