2.6

2011 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu:

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Feb 222015

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving northbound on I-95 in the right lane and prior to passing the philadelphia international airport my wipers suddenly stopped functioning while they were in use. I was petrified because water was accumulating rapidly on to my windshield and the motorist whom were passing me increased the danger ten fold because their vehicles were splashing water on to my windshield as well. My visibility went down to about ten percent; however, due to the passing motorist that quickly decreased to zero making it virtually impossible to pull over safely. Furthermore, during the frightening incident I kept my composure and slowed down as much as possible to avoid an accident and for as long as possible until I could proceed to the shoulder. Following this incident my confidence in american automobiles has vanished and as a result I will no longer purchase american manufactured automobiles in the future. Moreover, for those whom might be wondering I own a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu it had a little less than 82,000 miles on it at the time and no there was nothing obstructing the wipers to cause them to fail at the time.

- New Castle, DE, USA

Apr 292014

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving at highway speed on I-95 in the rain when the windshield wipers suddenly failed. Fortunately, both the rain and traffic were relatively light and I had sufficient visibility to safely exit the highway at the next interchange. Had it happened one day later during the heavy rain, I would not have been so lucky. The failure was the result of the wiper linkage detaching itself from the wiper motor/transmission assembly due to a failure of the plastic ball joint type connector.

- Newtown, PA, USA

Apr 152014

Malibu 4-cyl

Wiper system failed during rain storm. Neither wiper blade moved. Problem was diagnosed as wiper transmission failure. Part cost $135 from the Chevrolet dealer plus $150 labor to install. Complete failure of the wiper system without any warning such as slippage should not be possible. I was very lucky to be able to see enough to keep the car straight on the highway and eventually be able to change lanes and pull over.

- East Northport, NY, USA

Apr 012011

Malibu

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated the windshield was not clear enough and her visibility was impaired when the conditions outside were cloudy. There was a visible difference between the side view mirror and the windshield. The vehicle was taken to the dealer; however, they stated there was no noticeable difference between the windshield and side view mirrors. The manufacturer was not made aware of the defect. The approximate current and failure mileage was 12,000.

- Southfield, MI, USA