2012 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu:

2012 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 182014

Malibu 4-cyl

On numerous occasions, when I'm approaching a yellow light and/or a car that's in front of me while only driving approximately 20mph, when I attempt to apply my brakes I have to apply a lot of pressure to get my car to slow down and it honestly feels as though my car isn't going to stop. I would hate to be driving my car one day and my car doesn't stop and I'm involved in a car accident that leaves me severely injured or takes my life and/or someone else's life as well. Also, many times I have to apply a lot of pressure to my gas pedal in order for it to accelerate and actually move. I understand that my vehicle has been recalled and the dealer is waiting for GM to provide them the parts in order to repair my vehicle, but I don't think my life should be at such risk while waiting for GM to receive parts. Am I suppose to just keep driving around hoping my car doesn't give out on me in the middle of the road even though there is a known extreme safety hazard with my vehicle" my life is more valuable than that. Could I be provided a rental vehicle until GM provides the parts to repair my vehicle? or could I be refunded for my vehicle? seeing that there has been numerous car accidents and serious injuries related to this particular defect within the vehicle, I should not be driving my vehicle until it is fixed. Otherwise, I could be the next person involved in a serious car accident. So in closing, I would like to know if I could be placed in a rental car until my car is repaired or refunded for the price of my vehicle"

- Prattville, AL, USA

Aug 162013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was turning onto the highway and when I pushed the gas pedal there was a significant delay. I always make sure I have plenty of time when pulling onto the street but this could become a major issue while driving. I have a 3 year old son and I do not want to endanger him if there is an issue with my car.

- Verbena, AL, USA