2013 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu:

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 012015

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer for a failure covered under the warranty; however, after the repair, the vehicle began to experience many malfunctions. The vehicle's bolts on both the front passenger and driver seats were detached. When the seats were adjusted, the uni body frame of the body moved. The contact stated that the uni body frame was able to be moved manually. In addition, the electrical systems failed without warning, which sometimes caused the vehicle to stall. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer, but they refused to assist. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- Pasco, WA, USA

Apr 012015

Broken drivers seat frame. The seat back reclining function only works on the left side, while the right side is stuck. Multiple online complains from Malibu owners,

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Feb 012014

1.the seat stitching has come apart. 2. the part of the seat where you adjust it, has cracked. Also it has torn my seat a bit because it has cracked. -both of these have been falling apart since shortly after owning the vehicle.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 042015

Actuator did not meet specs it was necessary to replace actuator. This service was done by jim keras Chevrolet in memphis Tennessee. The covering on the driver seat that protects the seat controls has fallen off, the car has no pick up when depressing the excellerator and makes noise as if the transmission is not changing. I went to vincheck pro and there were 7 recalls specifically electrical system software. I bought this car off the showroom floor of Acura of memphis at ridgeway and 385. No one told me of any factory recalls. The money I am spending for this car is already too much and now having so many problems out of a car thats only 2 years old is ridiculous. Thanks for listening.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Apr 042015

Malibu 4-cyl

Was sitting in my seat adjusting the seat by pushing the button that had a short when I pushed the button I herd a clicking noise then I smelt a fume type of smell I put the car in reverse when the seat wouldn't move as I looked down at the gear I notice that the driver seat where I was sitting was on fire every where the car was wired is where the fire burned up I called the fire department in which they informed me that it was a electrical fire and car insurance confirmed recall on the car had been reported for doing the same thing prior to this incident I called kin dixon where I purchase the car and they told me that my car according to the VIN number I have to them was not affected by recall I have GM and they have yet to respond to me I could have been one of there numerous customers who lost their life in there defected retort cars I was not burned but the poor car was torched.

- Waldorf , MD, USA

Jun 162014

Front passenger seat air bag sensor too sensitive?? the front passenger air bag light comes on as well as front passenger seat belt reminder with minimal weight and/or pressure exerted on seat. I noted a 12oz soda beverage was placed on the front passenger seat and in approximately less than 10 seconds the vehicle light illuminated that the air bag was on (it illuminated off until this point) and the reminder tone came on to remind to fasten the front passenger seat belt.

- Caldwell, OH, USA

Mar 252013

Your current requirements for positioning of the head rest on car seats sucks. It is uncomfortable to the point of being a safety hazard. The fact that it cannot be removed increases the problem. Change it.

- Richmond, TX, USA