2013 Chevrolet Malibu body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu:

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Nov 042016

Malibu

Bubbling/rust spot located near front glass on hood of the car. (only 3 yrs old).

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Mar 222016

Malibu

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving approximately 75 mph, there was a loud abnormal noise from the rear of the vehicle. The contact observed that the rear bumper detached from the vehicle and was lying in the road. While driving various speeds, the brake pedal was depressed, but failed to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 83,000.

- Burnsville, WV, USA

Jul 012015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer for a failure covered under the warranty; however, after the repair, the vehicle began to experience many malfunctions. The vehicle's bolts on both the front passenger and driver seats were detached. When the seats were adjusted, the uni body frame of the body moved. The contact stated that the uni body frame was able to be moved manually. In addition, the electrical systems failed without warning, which sometimes caused the vehicle to stall. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer, but they refused to assist. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- Pasco, WA, USA

Oct 012015

Malibu

The left door will not open from the outside or inside and this is a problem for the driver.

- Patterson, CA, USA

Jun 012015

Malibu

Metal plating on the passenger door handle peeling off and is extremely sharp. Have had 2 people slice their hands/fingers on the door, resulting in a painful "paper-cut" like injury. Research on the internet suggests this has been an issue for GM vehicles in the past. Car is 2 years old and shouldn't be falling apart.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Feb 172014

Malibu 4-cyl

Please see below. This is a copy of the email sent to GM and dealership the first time this happened in 2014. This same scenario has happened in 2015 and GM refuses to repair this time. Attached you will see photos of my vehicle with parts of the car literally falling off. Approx. A week ago I noticed that it was becoming hard to open and close my driver's side door. I figured that I would get it looked at when I dropped my vehicle off for its oil change. Fast forward to Sunday 2/2. I attempted to enter my vehicle when coming out of the store and and upon opening the door, the chrome piece from the top of my passenger rear window popped right off. Now, seeing that the next day was Monday, I tried not to get too upset by this, but as you can imagine, when a person is in the process of paying over $20K for a vehicle this should not be happening four months after purchase. Monday morning, I went to get into the vehicle, and the plastic part between the driver and passenger door started to crumble at the top, so more frustration set in. I emailed my salesperson and was advised to bring the car in. Now I am starting to believe that the issue comes with the structure of the vehicle from the factory and the fact that the dealership probably did not inspect this car properly. Yesterday evening I returned the vehicle to the place of purchase elco Chevrolet. The service representative came out to view the vehicle. After confirming that the vehicle had not been an accident (by the way I took offense to this) it was advised to me that the driver's door looks as thought it was not installed properly, and now it is more ajar which is why the issues are happening. Now of course this is not only upsetting, but also concerning to me because this is now a safety issue. I could have been driving down the road and the door falls off with me attached to it.

- Irving, TX, USA

Feb 102015

Malibu

Cleaning out the trunk discovered no spare tire. Only sealant air compressor. How stupid. Was not informed by the dealer, who obviously knew they would lose a deal if customer informed. This is a big time scam and cover up. I can see real trouble if I have a blow out! stupid!!!

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 022013

Malibu 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that when the sun beams on the shiny interior trim it would impair the contacts vision. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100...updated 10/01/14

- San Antonio , TX, USA

Feb 102014

Malibu

Waiting at a corner for a clear spot to cross five lane road. Was watching a truck with a snow plow wanting to turn onto same road that I needed to cross. Looked both ways and then back at the truck. The truck did not move so I proceeded and I only made it just beyond the turn lane and got hit by another car. I tried as fast as I could to stay in the turn lane but still got hit. Other driver did not try to avoid us. We were hit hard in the right front of our car. The speed limit on the road I wanted to cross is 55 mph so we were hit pretty hard. Now this is where we get mad. Our airbags did not deploy. My wife and I were shaken very bad. We each have a doctors appointments as we are very sore and stiff.

- Saginaw, MI, USA

Jul 152013

Malibu

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while entering a driveway, the wind deflector rubbed against the ground and became detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was confirmed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- St. Louis, MO, USA