2013 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu:

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 102016

While driving down the road on 7/10/16 my 2013 Chevy Malibu lost power, engine light and traction control light came on and went from 55-60 mph to 20 mph. When trying to accelerate more the car could shake violently. After stopping and turning the car off it would not restart. The car was towed to kerry Chevrolet in alexandria, ky. After diagnostic testing they determined that the fuel pump needed replaced. On 8/10/16 while driving down the highway while in vacation in Florida the car again started to lose power, the engine began to slip or miss and jerk. Again engine light came on. Car died three times while on the road trying to get it to a safe place for a tow truck to tow it. It was taken to a dealership and the cam shaft sensor was replaced. Car continues to hesitate and miss.

- Brooksville, KY, USA

Mar 292016

Check engine light keeps coming on and apparently the vapor canister needs to be replaced. The car only has 49K miles. Crappy Chevy cars. Not happy.

- Freedom, WI, USA

Feb 282015

Malibu 4-cyl

Driving 55mph on cruise control, I heard a warning chime. Looked at dash and the words engine power is reduced were on the screen. I looked for a symbol on the dash to tell me more and saw the engine symbol was on. The car didn't perform out of character from already going 55 on cruise. Nothing changed in the engine performance. I continued toward home as that was my destination and was less than 15 miles from home. I parked the car in my garage, turned off the engine, waited a few seconds, then started the engine again. The warning came on right away. I called the dealer who I'm leasing the car from but it was a Saturday afternoon and they were closed. I did leave them a message to call me on Monday and why. I have not and will not drive the car until I hear from the dealer and have a date and time to bring it in because of the concern the engine could power down as I'm driving according to internet forums I since read that others with the same warning said their car did slow down on a fast busy highway. This warning is in the manual that came with the car and says it is the throttle body sensor gone bad.

- Endeavor, WI, USA

Oct 142013

Malibu 4-cyl

Vehicle sold and delivered with an open active safety recall (13142) on it at time of purchase, which was a violation of federal law title, 49 subtitle vi, chapter 301, section 30112A3 restricting the sale (and/or introducing into commerce) of a vehicle with a safety defect. This information is consistent with the information in GM recall bulletin #13142. Dealer sold have not sold or delivered the vehicle until the recall was addressed. Dealer/Chevrolet risked the safety of the vehicle owner and general public by placing it into commerce with the open recall.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Apr 182013

When getting gas after starting car hot air comes out of the heater vent's even when car is turned times does this most of the time when getting fuel' when I turn off eng.its stops.

- Summit, NJ, USA