2014 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu:

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

May 122016

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that due to a faulty seal in the trunk, the vehicle flooded in February of 2014. The vehicle was repaired; however, the vehicle violently accelerated forward or in reverse. As a result, the contact rear ended another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a cervical neck strain that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to a dealer, but was not repaired. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 46,000.

- Swansboro, NC, USA

Mar 052015

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the vehicle drastically reduced speed while on a major roadway and traveling over 45 mph. The accelerator pedal did not respond and the speed would not go past 10 mph. The failure recurred twice. The contact had to coast the vehicle over to the side of the road and turn off and restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer twice, but they were not able to replicate and diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 17,000.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

May 252014

Malibu 4-cyl

First of all thanks NHTSA for recalling the brakes on this vehicle. Well another problem has arose with this vehicle. My daughter was driving this vehicle this morning. When she applied the brakes coming down hill she stated the vehicle slowed then sped up while pushing the brake pedal. So I then road tested the vehicle when I got home from work. Descending down the same hill I felt the vehicle speed increase while I had the brake pedal pressed down. It seems that the transmission is not helping the vehicle slow down at times.. meaning the transmission is up shifting instead of down shifting to help slow the vehicle. This is definitely a safety concern. I did some research on this site and there is a tsb on this issue(vehicle speed control no. Pic-5652-B). I will have it looked at asap. Of course I already know day centennial service dept will say they cant duplicate my concern. I truly believe that this will be a safety recall.

- Daisytown, PA, USA

Apr 262014

Malibu 4-cyl

I just purchased a 2014 Malibu on 04- 22 for my daughter. Due to my daughter telling me that the brakes felt mushy in her car I decided to test drive it myself. While driving down my street at approx. 25mph with the brake slightly depressed, the transmission shifted unexpectedly and the engine seem to rev up. This made the vehicle that much harder to control and stop. This has to be looked into a.S.a.P. I do not want my daughter to continue driving this vehicle until there is a solution. Going to take this vehicle back to the dealership first thing Monday.

- Daisytown, PA, USA