2014 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu:

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 232014

Malibu 4-cyl

According to the information I was given, this vehicle should have an average of 36 mpg for hwy. I drive 100 miles every day round trip and 98 miles of that is highway at posted speed of 60-65 mph. I am still getting only about 27.5 mpg almost a year later. I trade in a 2009 Saturn aura that was getting almost 32 mpg after 100,000 miles. I've heard that if you disconnect the ecoassist it will help the mileage go up" my dealer told me this is not possible. I understand there are a lot of Malibu owners out there that are also disappointed at this mpg. What can be done to get to at least 30 mpg"

- Brunswick, OH, USA