2014 Chevrolet Malibu wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu:

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Sep 302016

Malibu

Wheel bearings or hubs going bad on numerous Malibu's. many reported below 30K miles. My car is at 53K and 2 &1/2 years old and just had my first wheel hub go! the dealer paid basically for the labor and I paid for the factory part that will go bad again. The part by acdelco has only 1 seal and that maybe good for the southern half of the country but the northern half of the country uses salt which we as consumers can not control. I wash and clean my car regularly to keep salt off in winter.but the seal is still corroding with no backup protection. Moog provides a wheel hub and uses 4 seals! how are we as consumers supposed to be able to know exactly when the wheel hub is going to go. The wheel hub is getting water and dirt inside meaning that 1 seal is failing! its only a matter of time until someone gets seriously injured. Help us stop that from happening. If my vehicle was 7 years or had 100K miles on it and a wheel hub went bad then I would replace all 4 to be proactive, but at 50K miles I or we as consumers (however you want to look at it) shouldn't have to be that proactive to keep the wheels on the car! also when I contacted 3 different dealers and asked them for a replacement wheel hub and told them it was for a 2014 Malibu, each one of them responded by saying "that's not surprising, we get a ton of part requests for that particular part on that vehicle." 2 of them even chuckled because they know we will need 3 more and they know the process will continue to start all over again. Luckily for me I do my research and won't be putting anymore wheel hubs by GM or acdelco on my vehicle. I will be putting on moog! sadly other people won't research like I did and will get taken advantage of and if they trade theirs cars in all they are doing is eventually passing on their problem to someone else who is unsuspecting. The bearing sounded like extra loud road noise.

- Griffith, IN, USA

Jul 252016

Malibu

A lady ran a red light and T-boned my Chevy Malibu on the drivers side as I was proceeding through the intersection. Airbags did not deploy. My head slammed in to the drivers side window. Drivers side door was smashed in. The car had to be towed because it couldn't be driven. I have a concussion that's lasted for 2 weeks and body pain from the accident. Shouldn't the airbags have deployed?

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Jul 112016

Malibu

I just bought my vehicle from the dealer and notice chunks off rubber coming of the tire and the car itself has low miles 40,000 want to know if anything can be done to fix issue

- El Paso, TX, USA

Mar 042016

Malibu

Stabilitrak« stability control system, anti lock brakes and wheel bearing. 2nd time I have had these lights come on, driving and tracking control kicked in and then the lights all appear. I paid to have it fixed, and they spliced into the wire, not covered under warranty according to care. Yet it is part of wiring harness.

- Flint, MI, USA

Jan 182016

Malibu

While on a trip to Florida the rear wheel bearings and hubs went bad with less than 21000 miles. Vehicle was noisy and slight shimmy ╬N the rear while driving on all type of roads and at all speeds.

- Waverly, NY, USA

Jan 142016

Malibu

The wheel bearings are going out with less than 40K miles on it and it is a well documented and regularly occurring problem. On the Malibu forum there are over 7 pages of people stating that they have had to replace the wheel bearings with as few as 19K miles on them. I am a few thousand miles outside of my warranty so I have to pay for the repair out of my own pocket but I think its ridiculous that oem parts, that the GM service managers admit are faulty, have to be paid for by the consumer. If my wheel bearing failed I could have lost control of the vehicle and put my whole family at risk of serious injury or death.

- Mahesney Park, IL, USA