2014 Chevrolet Malibu wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu:

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 252016

A lady ran a red light and T-boned my Chevy Malibu on the drivers side as I was proceeding through the intersection. Airbags did not deploy. My head slammed in to the drivers side window. Drivers side door was smashed in. The car had to be towed because it couldn't be driven. I have a concussion that's lasted for 2 weeks and body pain from the accident. Shouldn't the airbags have deployed?

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Jul 112016

I just bought my vehicle from the dealer and notice chunks off rubber coming of the tire and the car itself has low miles 40,000 want to know if anything can be done to fix issue

- El Paso, TX, USA

Mar 042016

Stabilitrak« stability control system, anti lock brakes and wheel bearing. 2nd time I have had these lights come on, driving and tracking control kicked in and then the lights all appear. I paid to have it fixed, and they spliced into the wire, not covered under warranty according to care. Yet it is part of wiring harness.

- Flint, MI, USA

Jan 182016

While on a trip to Florida the rear wheel bearings and hubs went bad with less than 21000 miles. Vehicle was noisy and slight shimmy ╬N the rear while driving on all type of roads and at all speeds.

- Waverly, NY, USA

Jan 142016

The wheel bearings are going out with less than 40K miles on it and it is a well documented and regularly occurring problem. On the Malibu forum there are over 7 pages of people stating that they have had to replace the wheel bearings with as few as 19K miles on them. I am a few thousand miles outside of my warranty so I have to pay for the repair out of my own pocket but I think its ridiculous that oem parts, that the GM service managers admit are faulty, have to be paid for by the consumer. If my wheel bearing failed I could have lost control of the vehicle and put my whole family at risk of serious injury or death.

- Mahesney Park, IL, USA