2015 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu:

2015 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 182016

I purchased my vehicle on March 2015 off the showroom floor of a Chevrolet dealership. On June 18, 2016 my car caught a fire while it was parked and I was not in the vehicle. I had been sitting in the car with the air blowing from the defroster for about 30 minutes. I drove to the store and came back home. I got out of the car and stood on the porch talking to my family. Within in 10 minutes of me exiting my car, it was on fire. I ran to the car and could see that the fire was coming from right about where the windshield ends and where the hood of the car begins, right where the windshield wipers are. I called the fire department who put the fire out. They used the jaws of life to ply the hood open and cut the main wire to the car. I then contacted the GM manufacturing company Chevrolet and started a claim with them to do an investigation on my vehicle as to what happened and why to this brand new car. Especially considering the fact their was no one in the car at the time it caught fire, thank god and as to no one could of started the fire because I was standing outside the entire time. The alleged investigation took about a month and a half to complete. I received a call a week prior to GM Chevrolet manufacturing making a decision from one of their representatives asking me have I ever gotten the windshield wiper motor replaced before. I stated to her no I haven't and reminded her that the car was purchased new off their showroom floor and that I hadn't had anything replaced or altered on that car. On July 29th I was called by a GM Chevrolet representative again telling me my claim was being denied because of a windshield wiper issue. I stated to her that I wouldn't have anything to do with that. She then changes the reason and states that GM Chevrolet really cant determine what happened and they were denying my claim. Their had been several recalls on GM cars

- Saint Louis, MO, USA