2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic:

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic Owner Comments

Dec 232005

Malibu Classic

I am a former state law enforcement officer with extensive safe driving techniques for over twenty years. I now work with ups and have extensive safe habits with this corporation. Today was a clear, cool and crisp day with no water or oil spots on the highway. My 15 month old was in her child restraint seat in the rear and I was in the driver seat. While coming to a stop my brakes locked up and the ABS did not work. The seat belt I was wearing did not work properly causing me to break my glasses as my head hit the steering wheel. The airbags failed to work also. There was extensive damage to my vehicle which was caused by the impact of running into the rear of a dump truck. Had the ABS and seat belt worked properly the accident could have been avoided by maneuvering my vehicle around the dump truck.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA