2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic:

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Apr 022009

Malibu Classic

The theft system comes on in my car about every 3 times I use it. When this happens I need to wait ten minutes before starting me car. It can be very dangerous at night in my parking deck.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 022008

Malibu Classic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu classic. Within the past year, the vehicle has been experiencing electrical failure with the windows. The windows work at random and, occasionally, rise very slowly as if the motor is not working properly. The vehicle is also experiencing issues with the turn signals. Most of the time they do not work at all, but other times the signals work for a brief period of time. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was out of warranty and they were not responsible for the failure. The contact believes the issue is due to a manufacturer defect and should be their responsibility to repair. The dealer would not assist. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 70,000 and current mileage was 82,000. Updated 5/7/09 updated 05/12/09

- Burlington, NJ, USA

Sep 122005

Malibu Classic

After radio was replaced I experienced my blinkers do not work consistently. I had a warranty at that time took it to dealer they could not duplicate problem told me come back when it started again, however the dealer said that if I jiggled the hazard button the blinkers would work that they had seen this problem many times and that they thought it would be a recall matter. Of course the situation continued my warranty ran out and I'm stuck with this dangerous electrical issue that should be a recall. The A/C is also affected, it comes on and off and it seems the hazard button somehow helps to reset the problem sometimes so it comes back on just like the blinkers will stay on if I hold the left corner of the hazard button. If anyone out there has had this problem please let me know how it was corrected. Help!

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Sep 252008

Malibu Classic

Car wouldn't start so took it to a local mechanic and removed battery and then replaced it and car started. Informed us he has worked on others that had same problem and it was a problem with the anti-theft device that had to be taken to the dealer to be taken care of. The car started and ran for 3 days then it won't start again. So had it towed to the Chevy dealer. Mechanic talked to on the phone instantly knew the problem. They have had to repair it on many cars. Told us it was the anti-theft device and the only way around it was to replace the ignition switch. The car is still currently at the dealers so cant give a total account yet of what was done to correct the problem. I've had to miss days at work because of this and wondering if it is such a common problem why something isn't being done about it. Had a problem with the anti-theft device before but caused a different problem. It went off while I was driving and didn't let me use cruise control, and the power steering went out. It also was very difficult to stop. I had to pull over on the side of the road and turn the car off and wait a few minutes. Then it started back up and had no problems till now.

- Goliad, TX, USA

Jul 102007

Malibu Classic 4-cyl

I have a 2004 Chevy Malibu with the factory theft system. This theft system has caused the car to not start and thus making me late for many appointments. The system will reset after 10 minutes, but I feel that this is something General Motors needs to look at and maybe issue a recall. Thank you

- Lake Tomahawk, WI, USA