2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic:

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic Owner Comments

Jun 132015

Malibu Classic

The car won't start. Dealer said some problem with the passlock system. A new passlock sensor is needed. I did a search online and found many Chevy/GM cars owners reported the same problem. Some even reported that the car stopped during driving in the highway, which is soooooo dangerous. GM needs to start a recall on this.

- Blacksburg, VA, USA

Aug 262011

Malibu Classic

Chevy Malibu classic 2004. Anti-theft light is staying on and the car will not turn over at all. I have owned the car for several months now and this is the first time that I have had any problem with it. The car will sit in the "on" position and the power will be on, but once it is turned to "start" everything goes off and there is no power for several minutes.

- Lima, OH, USA

Jun 202010

Malibu Classic 6-cyl

I own a 2004 Chevy Malibu. The anti-theft device continually causes my car to have a delayed start. I have had to put so much money into this vehicle that fixing it to the tune of $500 is out of the question. My dealer told me that even fixing the vehicle does not guarantee the replacement parts will not be defective. My car recently stalled in a dark parking lot and I had my two year old baby with me. Does Chevy have no shame for selling products that they know are dangerous" if I would have been attacked and my little girl hurt it would have been their fault. It really doesn't make much sense to have a defective anti-theft device does it? will it take a wrongful death suit to make them be more responsible" I know they are aware of the problem because a co-worker of mine has a 2002 Chevy Malibu and she had the same problem, two years later they are still selling the same crap. If I can afford to buy another car again it will definitely be a foreign car. The following information is general because this happens all the time, not just on one date!!!!

- Clinton, IA, USA