1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Dec 212010

Monte Carlo LS 3.1L

when I come to a stop or a hard stop my engine tends to die out on me. I first noticed it on a major roadway, didn't know it was dead cuz the radio kept playing and foot was on the brake pedal. I'm not sure what the problem is but I have a feeling its a vacuum leak somewhere maybe from the intake manifold to brake booster. But I've checked the lines and I can't seem to find any problems. I just bought a new air filter today cuz the old one was dirty hopefully that fixes the problem.

- , Crestwood, IL, USA