1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Jun 302014

Monte Carlo

At approximately 4 pm I was driving with three other people in my car on the street in the South saint louis county(railroad crossing weber rd and close to New Hampshire) and we were going across the railroad, when all functions of my car died and the brakes.steering. Engine, all went off and I got scared but in the heat of the moment I pulled my emergency break and pulled the car to a stop. All these happened on a very well paved street., and all happened just when I crossed the railroad tracks. I was very frighten as well all the people in my car. I was wondering if any of this that happened to my car has to do with the recalls that happened with GM ignition switches. I also talk to my friend and he said that he used to have a Chevy lumina 1995 and same thing happened to him on a highway in South saint louis and he did same thing and no one got hurt. When will anyone contact us that and all other people that drive these types of cars and check this out and fix this problems.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Aug 051998

Monte Carlo

Steering rubs and makes noise at slow speeds when turning left or right.

- Bloomingto, MN, USA

Jul 181998

Monte Carlo

Steering stiff and heavy, vehicle constantly steers to the left. Also cruise control does not operate properly.

- Hubbell, MI, USA

Oct 281997

Monte Carlo

Rubbing noise from wheel area klunks at times when turning a slow speeds, installed restrictor in P/S return line, reduced noise, but is still present, GM is investigating possible correction

- Spring Grove, VA, USA