6.0

1. replace brake rotors (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

May 262010

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

Had to replace the brakes when I first bought the car. I put lifetime warranty brake pads, and premium rotors on the front and rear. About 7 months later, the car started to shake when I used the brakes. I pulled off the front rotors and it was plain as day, they were warped. Replaced the rotors under warranty. Two months after that, the rear wheel started squeeking all the time. I pulled it apart to discover the inside of the rotor had warped, resulting in the emergency brake shoes rubbing. I've had the car for nearly 2 and a half years and have replaced the rear brake rotors twice and the front three times! If I couldn't do it myself, I'd be totally screwed!

- , Windsor, Ontario, Canada