4.0

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Sep 102014

Monte Carlo SS 3.4L V.6

So I have had my car since I turned 16 and she is my baby, I love her to death. I'm definitely team Chevy! But now I'm wishing I would have gotten a 2008 Mustang because I don't feel I'd be having these problems! I have put money into my car that I worked for; brakes, rotors, fuses, and a brand new fuel pump. Also had to put it in the shop for an electrical problem that cost 200 something dollars and when I got it out the seat warmers now no longer work, which may just be a fuse that needs to be changed, but still, if it's not one thing it's another with this car and sometimes it gets very annoying!!

I can't ever just get up and go in MY CAR and a lot of people are jealous because i got a great deal on my car and it's beautiful! Black with tinted window rims and even came with a sound system, just a set of 10's, but still, it's my first car and way better than anyone else's and I don't have a car payment. But now I have a recall on my car and with the problems I'm having apparently it's not going to be fixed when they fix the recall!

So I don't know, the battery light comes on and stays charged sometimes, and then there is a weird noise you hear through the car through the speakers like a popping noise and the radio will work and the car will be on but won't switch to start ?

- , Louisville, KY, USA