4.1

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Apr 142006

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

Engine failure on a 2000 Monte Carlo ss with only 60,000 miles. I realize I was out of warrenty, but to have to replace an entire engine that basically disintegrated from under me is not something I ever thought I would have to do on this vehicle. I am left hung out to dry by GM.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Oct 222003

Monte Carlo

On two separate occasions there were engine explosions which resulted in fires when starting vehicle. The fire was extinguished by the owner. The fire marshal report has not been received yet.

- Bear, DE, USA

Jun 052003

Monte Carlo

The engine cradle warped and had to be replaced by the dealer.

- Hudson, NC, USA

Apr 122003

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

While driving without warning the vehicle stalled and became difficult for the consumer to control. The starter and flywheel had to be replaced.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA