8.0

2. replace crank sensor (2 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Feb 022016

Monte Carlo LS 3.2L V6

So, driving in traffic, luckily, because the car stalled. Was barely able to turn the steering wheel to get into an apartment complex. Had the cheaters instructions for bypassing the Passkey/Passlock sensor instructions, but did not work this time!!! Sat for over an hour, called a tow truck. Cost me $75!! What's been happening is stalling, security light flashes, then stops. now the car won't start. I'm more than frustrated. Hope it starts tonight when I get home. Otherwise I'll be paying more $$$ to have the Ignition Sensor replaced.

- , Old Bridge, USA

Mar 012011

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

MY CAR DIED ALMOST EVERY DAY TO THE POINT I DIDN'T DRIVE IT. I SPENT HUNDREDS TO FIND A RESOLVE AS THERE WERE MANY ENGINE CODES. THE MOTOR WOULD STOP WHILE DRIVING, I'D PULL OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. ENGINE WOULDN'T USUALLY START BUT WOULD ALWAYS START

IN TEN OR 20 MINUTES OF SITTING THERE. i TOLD THE STORY TO A MECHANIC

AT A MUFFLER SHOP AND HE SAID THAT IS ALMOST ALWAYS THE CRANK SENSOR. HE CHANGED IT AND $169.00 LATER IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN.

PRAISE THE LORD MY CAR IS ONCE AGAIN RELIABLE.

- , Dartmouth, Nova Scotia,, Canada

Apr 172010

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

I was pulling into a driveway and the car stalled out. Because the engine stopped, I had no power steering or power brakes and nearly hit another car in the driveway!

Did a little research online and discovered that the crank sensor can cause this problem. Haven't had this problem since I changed the sensor (which was a real pain to change!)

- , Harrow, ON, Canada

May 072010

Monte Carlo LS 3.5L V6

My car stops while driving without any warning - this has happened on highways, hills anywhere I am lucky no one has hit me or that I haven't hit anyone with this problem. I have been to 3 shops and most recently the dealer, I have had a new battery, fuel pump, transmission fluid changed and it is still happening. Today I even called the company to report the problem and ask if they had a solution - they claim no one else has had this problem but I am finding it all over the web - please if you have had this fixed let me know what you did and if you haven't had this fixed please contact Chevy so they know this is a real problem or if you have contacted them and they are ignoring it like Toyota did.

- , Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, USA

Aug 022006

Monte Carlo SS

Paid 3 different shops now and no one can figure out what is wrong. Driving down street and car kills have to sit along side the road for 15 minutes before car will start up again and run! what a pain in the ass. Never buy another one again!

- , Isanti, MN, USA