2.2

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Oct 262009

Monte Carlo

I have a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo ss. I recently started getting a service traction control light coming on. Also, my ABS would engage at an inappropriate time. I would be easing to a stop and the ABS would kick in for no reason. I took it to the dealership and after paying about $1,000 to have the speed sensors replaced┐.I have the same problem. After doing some internet searches I have found ┐thousands┐ of similar complaints. Apparently it is a problem with the wiring harness that is incidentally a much less expensive fix. There are consumer reports of their ABS engaging at high speeds for no reason. I see this as very dangerous.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA