7.9

1. turn on emergency flashers (9 reports)
  3. replace hazards switch (5 reports)
  4. replace multifunction switch on steering colunm (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 022010

Monte Carlo

My blinkers wont work unless i turn on my hazards lights.Then it only works half the time. I'm scared that i"ll get into a wreck because of this problem!!!!!

- , Cleveland, TN, USA

Jun 102010

Monte Carlo LS V6

Dangerous......YES. I mean if you have the radio on an you flip the turn signal (since you don't hear the clicking) and it fails to engage you can get rear-ended. How about police tickets.......

Chevy = Junk or Death

- , StCharles, IL, USA

Mar 032009

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L V6

I always had Chevys. But after my last 2 cars, I will more than seriously consider another brand. They used to be solid cars, but now, they nickel and dime you (and sometimes much more.)

- , Lansdale, PA, USA

Jan 302009

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L V6

I see i am not alone in this situation, you know people don't deserve crap cars as i have, 01 Chevrolet Monte Carlo is by far the worse vehicle i have ever had. problems from day one. I don't understand why manufacturers let such a problem occur and is unable to tell you a solution.

My problems began with engine failure, luckily the dealer i bought if from replaced that no charge to me. Now my turn signals don't work right they only work when i tamper with the damn Hazard switch. After a night being parked try to start the vehicle the next day, Nothing!! it's really beginning to piss me off because i payed way to much money down to get this car and it's a sh*t pile. the car is a great looking, but has so many problems that i couldn't name by counting on my fingers & toes. water leaking into the passenger side compartment has the carpet soaked, and my fan only works on the last setting (5) and thats if i'm lucky. sometimes i have to take off the plastic cover and beat it whit pliers or a wrench to get it to blow. I can bet you one thing this will be my last G.M vehicle my mom has a Grand Prix ( 04 ) and it runs well but has major issues with ( Abs) ( traction) same as the Monte Carlo.

i don't have money to buy a new car so someone please help me figure out how to fix these problems before i am without a car...My yahoo name is simpleman1691@yahoo.com. or you can look me up on Myspace, www.myspace.com/hall16_2007 Please fill free to contact me at anytime i am desperate from answers PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

- , Hindman, KY, USA

Jan 012008

Monte Carlo SS 3.2L V6

GM needs to get on this as a recall. No signal??? Right when you get in a situation where you need to turn with lots of traffic behind you or a cop. No signal!! Yes you can push the hazard switch but sometimes it keeps clicking off. This has caused some near misses. I will get it fixed now, but GM needs to get on this!

- , Sedalia, MO, USA

Jan 012007

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

The turn signals only worked intermittently.To make them work, I would turn on my hazards, turn them off, & then they would work for awhile. Eventually had the hazard switch replaced & that cured the problem.

- , Collinsville, IL, USA

Jan 092006

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

Same as everyone else. Turn signals occasionally won't work. I've noticed that this occurs most frequently when it is wet outside (rain/snow). As lot of others have stated, I turned my flashers on/off and they start working again.

- , Elmhurst, IL, USA

Nov 012002

Monte Carlo 3.4L

I had the same problem where my turn signals weren't working all the time and replacing the emergency flasher switch fixed everything.

- , San Jose, CA, USA

Feb 012008

Monte Carlo SS 3.8lV6

Like many others, the turn signal doesn't always work. When I use the emergency flashers, they usually start working again.

- , Woodstock, IL, USA

Jun 182008

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L V6

This issue with the turn signals not working is really annoying especially when a cop is behind you when they decide not to work. I am looking into any possible recalls for this, but I doubt there is one. If nothing can be found then I am going to try the hazard switch first before spending the extra money for the other.

- , Fort Wayne, IN, USA

May 092008

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L

my turn signals would come on but not flash, then about 8 days later they quit altogether

- , Peru, IN, USA

Jan 032008

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L

Had the hazard switch replaced and haven't had the problem since. Quick fix is to turn the hazards on than off and your turn signals should function after at least for a little bit. Anyone notice how this usually happens after it rains??? That's when it always happened to me

- , Portsmouth, VA, USA

Nov 172007

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L

Not only did the turn signals not work, but the windshield wipers did not work all the time either. Sometimes you could not shut off or the delay would stay on having you drive around with the wipers going in dry weather, LOOKING STUPID :( I just changed the Multifunction Switch and the wipers and turn signals work fine.

- , Plantation, FL, USA

Nov 082007

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

its really bad trouble ,its failed always when you needed it ,and at the garage its always work ,

- , Granby, Quebec, Canada

Sep 182007

Monte Carlo SS

I see that I am not the only one here that has a 2001 Monte Carlo SS that has turn signals that just stop working unexpectedly. THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM!!! What can be done to correct this defect? So far everyone that I ask says "I don't know"! Well.. "I don't know" is NOT an acceptable answer. This defect is sure to cause auto accidents and needs to be corrected before someone is seriously hurt or killed.

- , Syracuse, NY, USA

Jul 032007

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

Why is it that GM is unable (or just does not care) to build a vehicle where the flashers sound louder than the radio when turned on? I had a 1986 Monte Carlo and you could not hear the flashers when turned on - ever. Looks as though they are going backwards in some areas on the vehicles.

- , Summerville, SC, USA

Jul 132006

Monte Carlo LS

Turns out the turn signal flasher is a part of the hazard switch (this is rare). Much cheaper to replace than the multi-function switch.

I haven't fixed it yet. I just hit the hazard switch a couple of times when turn signals fail to work, and they start working.

- , B'ham, AL, USA

Oct 252006

Monte Carlo SS 3800

How come chevy has no clue how to repair this major safety problem!!!!! this is bull

- , Farmingdale, NY, USA

Jan 082007

Monte Carlo M V6

Sometimes when i go to turn on my blinker it never works, so i push the hazard lights a bout a billion times and eventually they will start to work.

It SUCKS!

- , North Olmsted, Ohio, USA

Dec 262006

Monte Carlo LS 3.2L V6

When I use the turn signal, it sometimes fails and instead of flashing, it just buzzes at half light power. I then will hit on my Hazzard lights on for ABOUT 30sec. and that seems to get the signal to flash normally, SOMETIMES.

- , McHenry, IL, USA