1.5

hardy worth mentioning

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Jun 132010

Monte Carlo

I've had this automobile for several years now and without knowing the intake gaskets leak in the 3.8 engines. I was unaware of this severe condition. I should of been told of this issue when I purchase the car from the dealer since this is an ongoing problem with many of the Chevy Monte carlos 3.8 and I believe the 3.4 also. It will cost me about $480 to repair which I do not have and should not be responsible for this Chevrolet ongoing issue. I had very scary moment one time it started running hot and smoke was coming off the engine as the fluid was seeping out of the gasket and dripping down the side of the engine which caused a small flame. This such a dangerous problem and I should not be liable for this dangerous defect in the engine.

- Uniontown, PA, USA

Oct 032012

Monte Carlo

I bought the car with no problem then all of a sudden it started with hard starting now it doesn't want to start at all. I brought it to a mechanic and they just pointed at stuff and then blamed the remote start and told me to change my ignition module it didn't fix the problem bought brand new plugs and wires and that didn't fix it then they told me to change the computer and that made no difference. They first told me to change the ignition switch and it cost me 180 dollars then I had to buy a blinker switch witch was also around 190 dollars this is money I don't have. And now im on foot because my car wont start and I need help I have no idea who knows how to work on cars were I live. I need somewhere that they know wiring or something, just help. I have no more money and I just need to have this stupid problem fixed. I also have a problem were the car will die out at a certain speed or when I let off the gas. I almost was hit by another car when this happened.

- Dunseith, ND, USA

Nov 222012

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

I was stopped at a red light at the intersection of 31st street and la grange highway when I noticed smoke coming from under the hood of my car. I pulled into the cit-go gas station thinking my Monte Carlo was over heating. Then, flames began to come from the under the hood. I immediately called 911 and the la grange park police and fire department came within minutes. They had to saw my hood open to put the fire out and I immediately contacted GM. They notified me that my vehicle is in fact a recall and was negligent in sending me the registered vehicle owner any sort of notice of recall. GM is denying fault and refuses to repair the vehicle or grant any sort of responsibility or compensation. Although they are responsible for the manufacturer defect they still refuse liability.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 142010

Monte Carlo

The contact owns a 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. The contact stated that the catalytic converter became clogged and caused the vehicle to stall. The contact took the vehicle to a local mechanic to have the catalytic converter replaced but two years after the repair, the catalytic converter failure recurred. The failure mileage was 63,000. The VIN was not available.

- Stratford, NJ, USA