2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Dec 152006

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

I can't believe GM is not being forced to issue a recall on their cluster problems. I'm having the problem with my 2002 Monte Carlo ss. Not just the speedometer, but the oil pressure, rpms, and temp. The only thing on my panel that works is the gas indicator. It all started when I hit 70,000 and I'm now at 78,000. This is making me crazy and our local GM dealer quoted $680 to repair, and said it must be repaired at a GM dealer because of all of the work and programming that needs to be done. I loved this car until this major problem started. After reading all of the other issues and GM's lack of recall, I'm real tempted to leave GM -- and we've been GM for three generations in my family and this.

- Evansville, IN, USA