2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Aug 192015

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

I HAVE CHANGED MY BATTERY AND MY ALTERNATOR AND MY STARTER AND MY CAR STILL WILL NOT CRANK WITHOUT HAVING TO PLAY WITH THE IGNITION..THEN IT WILL START FOR A MINUTE AND THEN WHEN YOU CUT IT OFF..IT TAKES ANOTHER HOUR TO CRANK BACK UP...THIS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WILL MY MONTE CARLO AND I LOVE MY CAR BUT I CANT PASS IT DOWN TO MY SON IF ITS NOT SAFE..I HAVE SPEND A FORTUNE ON CAB RIDES AND GAS MONEY ON OTHER RIDES TO GET TO WORK AND SCHOOL..I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

- , Columbia, SC, USA

Jun 012015

Monte Carlo Limited 3.4L

I have owned nothing but Chevy's my whole life and I stand by them but this Monte Carlo has been the best car in the world until now. It has miles on it yes, but I baby her a lot. Oil is changed every 1500 miles. Now my car don't turn on unless I hit the search button on my radio. I've done that engine light comes on.

The guy that fixes it put it on computer and it say all fuses were blown and to changed them all. I keep changing them and it says computer is failing now.

This is my only car and I love it a lot and can't afford to buy new one and can't afford to put too much into it, as I don't have it. My last Monte had 300,000 and only reason I don't have it is because someone hit me in the front and messed the frame up and they totaled it.

- , Harrodsburg, KY, USA

Jun 012012

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L V6

computer reporting wrong data or shorting out other parts

- , Addison, IL, USA