1. replace engine (1 reports)
  2. replacement of intake gasket (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Jul 052010

Monte Carlo SS 3.4L V6

Alright. Intake gasket is leaking on this 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, which ONLY has 49,000 miles. It went down into the oil lubrication system, and got into the ball bearings, causing corrosion, which led to the engine throwing a rod, and POOF. It's toast. No more 3.4L engine. They have told me that it will cost FIVE THOUSAND dollars to replace the engine.

- , Springfield, IL, USA

Mar 232009

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L V6

I just bought this car 1 year ago with only 38k miles on it. If I knew that all of the GM cars with the 3.1, 3.4 & 3.8 liter engines had these faulty intake gaskets I would have never bought this pos!

Anyways, I put 20k miles on my car in 1 year and now the Monte only has 59k miles on it and the intake gaskets have failed. The engine pours coolant out of the sides while running and this will cost me 1000 dollars to fix. Screw you GM, I hope you go bankrupt!

- , Bronx, NY, USA