2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Aug 142013

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

Went to start car one day. Turned key and heard loud pop. Rushed to lift good and top of motor on fire. Luckily had extinguisher right inside garage door and immediately extinguished. Plastic intake cover was blown apart in multiple pieces. After searching on the internet I found there have been many of this same incident, somewhere claiming that it comes from a faulty fuel shift of valve or something. If you notice with low miles, this car is barely driven and always babied.

- Terryville, CT, USA

Feb 272014

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

I have a 2002 Chevy Monte Carlo ss and I am having electrical issues the windshield wipers don't always function properly neither do the turning signals my seats will move on there own, there is a ticking noise coming from the doors once keys are taken out of the ignition also I have a problem when pumping gas into the car the pump keeps shutting off unless I hold it at a certain angle.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Dec 022012

Monte Carlo

I was driving and my gas needle started going up and down. Now it don't work. If I put $5 of gas in it go to full.

- Breaux Bridge, LA, USA