4.0

1. new radiator (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Sep 062010

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L V6

Oil was appearing into radiator overflow reservoir. I changed the radiator fluid twice, and flushed. Problem was not solved so I had it looked at. Engine oil was not frothy so we knew it was not a head gasket. Then we checked the transmission fluid, I was down a quart. We then knew it was a hard pressure line into the radiator that cools the transmission fliud. Bought a new radiator, and ever since had no oil in the reservoir.

- , Middleboro, MA, USA