9.3

$2,000.00

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Jan 102005

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

thanks ,my 2003 Monte Carlo SS shuts off at operating temperature has left me stranded many times, i bought it brand new off the showroom floor only to become a nightmare for me. I have had it in two different Chevrolet dealerships to be fixed the first one charged me 1500 dollars had the catalytic convertor changed, cam sensor replaced, crank sensor replaced, its like it doesnt get spark under starting. took it to a third mechanic he seems to think it may be the main computer. so whats that gonna cost another thousand? i cant get rid of it that wouldn't be honest i just want to know what the problem is and fix it once and for all. the car sits and sits .if anyone out there can shed some light on this problem maybe i will one day enjoy this car. now also from time to time my husband drives it and he gets from point a to point b but no stopping and going it may stall .thanks so much i fill better all ready heres to hope in a cure.

- , Marysville, CA, USA

Jun 012009

Monte Carlo SS

Well not really sure were the problem starts but you could be driving and car will just shut off, I took it to the shop many times and could not get any answers only that they couldn't find what was wrong with it....

- , Lame Deer, MT, USA

May 052005

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

I cant stand stand this problem help please help no one knows what is wrong the car has left me stranded on many occasions the latest the car shut down going over the bridge we pushed it over with our hands you don't expect to pay this much for a car and two years later the car leaves you stranded does anyone know anything

- , Marysville, CA, USA