2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Jul 162008

Monte Carlo LS V6

About 4 weeks ago after coming out of the grocery store I went to start up my car and the ABS, TRAC OFF & Service Traction System Lights came on. I turned off the car thinking it was the computer and restarted it. It did not go off. I drove the car home and the brakes worked fine. My husband and I took out the manual and read it and it seemed I needed to have it checked. We make an appt. for 5 days later when they could get us in. The day he took the car to drop it off, all the lights were out. No problem it seemed. I had new tires put on about 2 weeks prior and this problem suddenly popped up out of no where. Now, the lights come on and off intermittently and if they come on when I start up the car and I shut the car off and restart it with my foot on the brake and put it in reverse they go out. As soon as I take my foot off of the brake they come back on. Eventually they go out all together after a few trips in the car. Anyone have any information on this or what they think is going on?

- , Palmerton, PA, USA