2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Jun 202015

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L V6

I loved my 04' Monte Carlo SS.I drove it a lot and it treated me well. However when it was getting up to around 190,000 miles it basically sh*t its pants. First the car would have a hard time turning on.(ignition switch recall) Then I would drive and the car just started to misfire and chug and completely lose all life. The car would stay on but would not go anywhere. It was horrible. It did it right in the middle of traffic on a very busy road and all sorts of bad places. It was awful so I got rid of it.

- , Limington, ME, USA