2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Apr 112007

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

I own a 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. I starting having steering problems. The steering felt loose and like metal grinding together. The bumping could be felt over in the passenger seat as well so it raised some concerns. After doing some online research I found it was the intermediate steering shaft. I am sure the company heard this complaint before. I found Chevrolet's fix to first be a lube kit that would fix the problem for maybe 20,000 miles in which I purchased and had the dealer apply. Was later told the problem was missing and defective sub frame welds. They also fixed the weld problem with super glue? im not exactly sure what the mechanic did while fixing mine, but I had to pay for it out of pocket with no clue how safe and how long this fix will work. Paper just said intermediate replaced. And I purchaced the lube. It was a dealer's defect, and they were very aware Ask any of their mechanics. Yet no recall.

- Gillsville, GA, USA