8.5

2. Chevy service dept. says the head gaskets need replacement (1 reports)
2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Nov 172011

Monte Carlo LX 3.5L V6

heater blows cold air occasionally especially at idle..nobody seems to know of a fix!

- , East Troy, WI, USA

Jan 012007

Monte Carlo LT 3.2L

I purchase a brand new 2006 Monte Carlo in July 2006. This was my first new car in 25 years. I loved the car (beautiful) and great until winter hit. The winter of 2007 was very mild so I did not notice the problem immediately. We got a real cold snap in Feb 2007 and I realized that whenever I wasn't accelerating/driving the car, the heater would blow cold air. Car was still under factory warranty so I made an appointment for service. It was supposedely fixed. Wrong, it worked better for about a month and then the weather got warmer and I didn't use the heat again until Sept. Again, cold air blowing when the car was completely warmed up. As long as I was accelerating there was heat. When the car was stopped or in idle - no heat. Took the car back again to the dealer and again it was supposedely fixed. Wrong, problem continued and I took it back again.

This has been going on since I have owned the car. GM pulled the dealership from the place that I purchased the car and I took the car for service to an independent mechanic that I know. He told me this is a known problem on the car. Something in the car's design caused a poor flow/circulation probem. The reason there is heat on acceleration is related to the RPM's. The faster the RPM's are turning causes the water to flow/circulate and you have heat. When the engine is in idle no heat. GM does not want to own up to the problem. My car is now 3 1/2 years old and I am driving around with no heat freezing, can't clear my windows, remote start does not make the car warm, etc. It is disgraceful that I purchased a $25,000.00 vehicle and have no heat. I have now filed under the PA Lemon Law. In the meantime, I have to continue paying for to have the system flushed (this helps for a little while) the heat gets a little better but only lasts for about 1 month. It is ridiculous that I have had this constant inconvenience.

- , Southampton, PA, USA

Oct 042009

Monte Carlo LS V6

Heater will not get warm unless driving. While standing/heating up- Cold air blows

- , Petersburg, VA, USA

Jan 012009

Monte Carlo LS V6

My past 5 cars have been Chevy's!!!! (2 z-28's and 3 Monte Carlos.) I am over my 3 year warranty by 1 f*cking month,car has 31,000 miles, so I am under in the miles area. Needless to say, GM called me after 2 weeks of waiting on an answer on the repair,if they would please cover this expense due to the fact that there was nothing that I did wrong for this problem to occur. This part was either bad or put on incorrectly and needs to be fixed, and at $2,000.00, I don't feel I should be responsible for their screw up. If it was something I did wrong that would be totally acceptable, but I take great care of my cars from the inside/out, and have it serviced regularly. GM sucks as far as I am concerned and now I have no choice except to NOT purchase the CAMARO that is coming out in April/May. I may only be one customer, but I was a faithful costumer, and they don't even credit me for that. Chevy is going under and now I know why, if they would have taken care of their customers, their customers would take care of them by buying their cars. I am sick over this whole situation, "GOOD BYE GM, KISS MY FRIGGIN ASS"

From your "EX CHEVY CHEVY CUSTOMER" Renee' Reed