2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Dec 182006

Monte Carlo

Someone needs to look closer at on-star's business practices...they nearly caused a severe accident tonight. While driving my month-old Chevy thru a busy intersection in the dark, bad weather, the radio turned itself off and a male voice came from the back seat (rear speakers) telling me I needed to hit the blue onstar button and 'finish' signing up for the service. I nearly jumped out of my skin, mid-intersection. I have repeatedly told them I do not want the service, did not know they would literally solicit with automated messages while driving! this is an incredibly disturbing use of technology and a safety hazard.

- Hudson, WI, USA

Jun 152006

Monte Carlo

Terrible odor from the air conditioning unit, I have brought this car back to the dealer on 3 occasions. They state they cleaned the air conditioning unit"? now after 2 weeks of having my car back the odor is back and worse. The dealer states that there was a problem with the drain plug, then the onboard computer, then they say they removed the entire unit and clean and disinfected it" the problem is still there. I am a very unhappy customer!!!

- San Diego, CA, USA