3.3

2005 Chevrolet Optra lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Optra:

2005 Chevrolet Optra Owner Comments

Apr 172008

Optra

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Optra. The contact stated that the head lights failed. The contact stated that he would turn the lights on and burning fumes would emit into the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnose that the wiring harness needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired under a recall NHTSA campaign id number: 07V482000 component: Exterior lighting:headlights but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The failure mileage was 30,592.

- Alamogordo, NM, USA

Nov 152010

Optra 4-cyl

Chevrolet Optra 5 2005. Headlamp low beams and day time running lamps work sporadically. It was a recall for this problem and I was never notified from GM dealer. I already spent a lot of money trying to fix it (problem is still on it) and just now I knew about the recall. This is a safety issue special during the winter time. Last year I bought this car from my own lease and dealer never mentioned the problem. So I should go to the service and pay to fix it.

- Ontario, 00, USA

Apr 152010

Optra

While I was driving on highway at 11pm, all lights suddenly went off. The same issue happened in 2006(?) and was fixed. In 2008(?), there was a recall from GM about the issue and I did bring my car to dealer for the recall, although I don't know what they did. Now it is happening again. I think either they didn't do anything in the recall for me or the fix in the recall doesn't resolve the issue.

- Guelph, Ontario, 00, USA