1. replace spark plugs (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Prizm engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Prizm:

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Owner Comments

Jul 012015

I have a 2002 Chevy Prism that seemed to all of a sudden began to get really poor Miles per Gallon. I was getting no more then 200 miles per full tank of gas. When I first got the car, I was getting 320 mpg when not using the a/c. and quite a bit over 200 when using the a/c. I took it to Auto Zone and had it checked out. Next thing I did was purchase a O2 Sensor that cost $100..and around $69 for the garage. That helped the mpg a little, but still it was no where the way it use to be. Next my Niece replaced the spark plugs which cost about $30 with a $10. rebate and paying the niece $20 to put them in. (It was a first time for her and she did it fine.) This did the job. Of course I do not get as good of mileage as I did when it was considerably way lower mileage. And when I am not using the a/c, I have decent mileage. I do believe it may not have needed the O2 Sensor in the first place.

- , Poteau, OK, USA