1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Aug 152000

S-10 Pickup

When the problem with the cooling system first came up the SUV was I thought over heating a bit I called the dealership and they told me not to worry about it as that was nornal for them in hot weather.the SUV broke down in springfild mo, we manged to pull into a shop, they said the damage was to great to repair without costing at least $2000, and even then there was no way to know what damge was done to the SUV.they did however give me a service bulletin which listed my problem. It seems GM has known of this problem for at leart 4 years. Yet when I called the dealerships with this very (I learned later) common problem noone wanted to admit they had even heard of it. Even after I read the number to them they still acted as if they had never heard of the problem and in fact didnot know what I was talking about.they did after seveal phone called and agree to fix the problem, however they also admit that there is no way to know what type of damage if any was done to engine tranmission or heating and cooling sytems.

- Grandview, MO, USA