1999 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Mar 142006

S-10 Pickup LS 2.2L

Was driving down Main St. and proceeded to drop my Pepsi, after picking it up, i looked up to see a Dodge Neon in my way, instead of stopping I decided to just plow through it, well it wasn't my decision, my truck decided for me,i tried to stop, but my breaks went dead, which brings up another complaint, anyways, as I was about to eat the ass end of the Neon I let go of the steering wheel anticipating the air bags coming out, but to my surprise, no air bag, just a face full of steering wheel, which brings up another point, isn't my seat belt supposed to stop me from vaulting forward? Obviously not in this amazingly safe GM product. Anyways, after my face and legs stopped me from going any further forward, I got out and looked too see how bad it was. The bumper was pushed all the way back into the tires and the grill was cracked pretty badly, shouldn't the air bags have deployed? But all in all it only cost me $1136.27 for a new bumper, lower valiance, and grill all painted and installed, which brings up another point, what kind of paint is GM using, it refuses to stay on the metal, i think finger paint would fair better than this sh*t, my bumper and hood looks like someone went on a rampage with a fully auto Daisy BB gun.

- , Cookeville, TN, USA