1. new brake line (2 reports)
2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Jul 252008

S-10 Pickup LS 4 cyl

I was very lucky. I had just gotten back from a vacation in the Ozark Mountains and my brakes went out a mile from the dealership. They fixed them then and there and of course I paid then and there.

- , Macon, MO, USA

Jun 282006

S-10 Pickup LS 4.3L V6

Tried to stop at a stoplight and the brake pedal went straight to the floor, I hit the parking brake to stop before sailing through the intersection. Drove across the street using the parking brake to stop. Once I got into a parking lot to inspect, saw the brake cable had been worn straight through. I contacted Chevy, who, to their credit responded immediately, it was the dealership who I had issues with, they kept coming up with excuses as to why it was my fault (none of them were valid, but it worked, I gave up fighting with them and fixed it myself for the cost of the part because I needed that truck and the part was cheap).

- , Lombard, IL, USA