2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup electrical problems: starter replacement

Starter Replacement

8.7

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Dec 152008

S-10 Pickup LX

My problems started in 2008, after having my truck for 5years is when the first starter went bad, and ever since the initial starter I've had to replace multiple starters, in 1-year alone there has been 6 starters replace on this truck. We tried in every effort to resolve this problem, my truck has been placed into reputable auto shops,replaced with chevy brand starters, rebuilt starters, brand new starters,and top of the line auto part stores starters.

I'm fed up to my neck with this problem, can someone please help, and I really feel that there should be a recall on this situation with Chevrolet Dealership on the chevy s-10 starters,because anytime I click on a site about this problem there are several others with the same problems, I think that we need to come together with this problem to get some sort of resolution.

Please help help help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Milledgeville, GA, USA

Jun 212010

S-10 Pickup 4 cyl

This is not the first starter that we have had to replace. I believe we have gone through 4 or 5 starters now. The last time we replaced the starter was in 2/2010. We had to replace two of them in Feb. This is getting really old, is there a permanent fix to this?

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Dec 172007

S-10 Pickup LS

Ever since 2005 when this problem has started I have gone thru 5 starters now. I assume something electrical is causing the starters to go bad. I have taken my truck to 2 different Chevy Dealerships and yet the problem is still there.

- , Annapolis, MD, USA