9.0

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

May 202010

S-10 Pickup 2.2L

click to see larger images

trouble starting

Here is the begining, I thought the fuel pump went, so i replaced it with a new in line filter, Truck ran for 2 weeks with check engien light on, and truck was very slugish. The lights would get dim then bright aagin, then after going from maine to cape cod mass twice , i went out to start my truck one day and nothing. I tried replacing the fuel pump again, and tried to start the truck and the truck would not even start with gas poured directly into the airbox. I then decided i needed to buy a code reader so im not waisting more money on parts. I hooked the code reader up to it, and no power at all to code reader. What is wrong with this thing??? Someone please help!!!!!

- , Naples, ME, USA

May 262010

S-10 Pickup 2.2L V4

When I try to start my truck, I press the clutch all the way in and nothing! It takes me about 10-15 turns of the key to finally get it to start up. Sometimes I have to put it in first to get it to start and sometimes it only starts in neutral. Please I need some help! I don't want to spend a fortune trying to fix this problem.

- , Jesup, GA, USA