9.0

$2,600.00

1. replace transmission (2 reports)
2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Jun 202016

S-10 Pickup 4.3L V8 Vortex

Someone from Chevy owes me an apology.. I bought a 2001 Chevy S-10 extended cab 4wd a few months before I retired, after 32 years of public service. Always liked the Chevy brand and thought I had a good truck for my retirement. The truck had about 56000 miles on it when purchased and I paid for the extended warranty. Two weeks after the warranty expired the transmission went out no warning just quit working. So I spent 2600 bucks for a rebuilt transmission, 3 year or 100,000 mile warranty.

At three years and 30 days later the trans goes out again less than 20,000 miles on that trans.2500 bucks this time and its going out again. three transmissions both front wheel bearing assemblies, two radiators 3 actuators and the 4wd still won't work) shocks calipers all kind of electrical problems. After 32 years government work ,I have driven every kind of truck made in America. This is the worst truck I have ever encountered in my life.

- , Colcord, OK, USA

Aug 122011

S-10 Pickup LS /4WD 4.3L V6

Bought used from Dealer, Sold me an extended warranty for $2000.00 30 days after this warranty expired transmission went out. No warnings, or error codes just went out. Still owed money on the note so had to fix it. $2600.00 on the credit card and I am still paying for my mistake of thinking this was a neat little truck.

- , Colcord, OK, USA