2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Jul 242001

S-10 Pickup

I was driving home from work in my 2001 Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck at 4:30 P.M. on Tuesday, July 24, 2001. I was in the right-hand lane of I-495 heading from Washington, DC, into Maryland. All of a sudden, I heard a loud noise, my truck started swerving, and I immediately pulled off to the shoulder. As I got out of my truck, I smelt burning rubber and noticed threads of tire alongside the road. I looked at my tire on the rear end of the driverS side and the tread had separated from the tire, leaving a hole a bit larger than the size of a softball. I changed the tire and drove home, where I called ourisman Chevrolet to notify them of the incident. (dot number: P1096bf3 tiresize: P205/75R15)

- Andrews Afb, MD, USA