1. fuel line replacement (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Feb 232007

S-10 Pickup ZQ8 4.3L V6

While standing outside of the vehicle, getting ready to make the commute to work, I reached inside of the truck and started the ignition. While letting the engine warm up, I loaded my belongings into the rear of the cab and noticed an approaching fluid on the ground making its way toward my feet. After getting inside the truck and closing the door, I asked my passenger if they too could smell gasoline. We agreed that it was an overly strong smell of gas, so I opened the door and got out to check the source and saw that the approaching fluid on the ground was now pumping out onto the ground, right below my drivers seat and immediately shut off the ignition and told my passenger to exit the vehicle due to a fire hazard!

We had no choice but to drive another car and thank God we weren't part of an accidental explosion.

The problem occured just this morning and I have not yet made any attempt to look into the matter further. I have no idea how this fuel line has ruptured but will be looking into this as quickly as possible when I get home and back to the parked vehicle.

This is how car-b-ques happen. This is how people are burned if not killed.

I have not crawled under the vehicle and tampered with this. THIS IS AS DANGEROUS A SITUATION AS IT CAN GET!!!!!

If I was to drive-off and continue my commute, with the amount of fuel "pumping" from the ruptured fuel line, we surely would have been burned.

Having a service issue is one thing, this is waaay beyond that. This is a serious safety issue and NEEDS ATTENTION right away before this happens to others who are not as fortunate to discover this... prior to driving-off.

I do not know how this happened or how much of the fuel line needs replacing. I suspect the entire fuel line should be replaced, and not a patch. If it is weak in one area, it will be weak in another and could happen again in another location, perhaps closer to the heat of the engine, the exhaust, or the catalytic converter... or even some idiots tossed cigarette!

The fuel line is ruptured directly below my seat.

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab, ZQ8, 4.3L V-6