1. get it towed and pop clutch in 3rd to start (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Sep 272010

S-10 Pickup 4.3L V6

Twice a year I have to call road service, because my S-10 won't start. Jumping my engine won't help with either the tow trucks engine battery, or it's heavy duty battery. The only way road service can get the S-10 going is by towing it with a two strap while I drive the S-10, and popping the clutch with the gear lever in 3rd gear. Weather isn't a factor. The same thing happens when I'm gone over a weekend (48 hours). I come back and the S-10 won't start. The mechanic whom drives the road serivce vehicle knows sho I am, and automatically grabs the strap. When I'm away I have to have a friend start it while I'm away. Why?

- , Bad Windsheim, Germany, Germany