2016 Chevrolet SS seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet SS:

2016 Chevrolet SS Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Dealer sold me car knowing about the recall but would not deliver. Chevrolet is not providing any status updates since 7/7.

- Florence, MS, USA

Jul 072016

I have attempted to buy a 2016 Chevy Ss. I contacted my deal on 7-2-16. My deal had to locate a vehicle in the color asked for which they did on 7-7-16, the same day GM issued a recall and stop sale for issues with the seat belt. It's been a month with no work on a fix, no timeline for a fix, or any idea as to when I can take home my brand new car.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Jul 072016

I purchased a vehicle from a Chevrolet dealership, but I am not allowed to take it home. It sits on the dealer lot awaiting a fix for the seatbelt based on a recall. It's been almost a month since the seatbelt recall was announced but neither General Motors, nor Chevrolet has given any indication of a timeline for the fix, or what the fix will be. The vehicle is currently stationary, parked on the back lot of the Chevrolet dealership near my house. Chevy issued a stop sale preventing delivery, while allowing those that took delivery prior to 7/7/16 to continue driving a car the company has deemed not safe enough to sell. There are currently numerous 2014, 2015, and 2016's on the road, but somehow mine, with only 17 miles on it, may experience a seatbelt failure from fatigue and is therefore more unsafe than a 2014 with thousands of miles on it. Despite numerous attempts to determine when the fix will be available, I am left to have faith that a fix is coming. I have paid my money for the car, but I cannot drive it. I'm only allowed supervised visits.

- Olathe, KS, USA