6.0

1. replace solenoids (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet SSR transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet SSR:

2004 Chevrolet SSR Owner Comments

Mar 062015

SSR 5.3L

The only thing I can tell SSR owners is to use the SSR Fanatics web site. Dictator has videos & more on SSR problems. I bought the repair manual. PLEASE if you want to keep your SSR on the road? Don't take to a GM Dealer for service. The mechanics have no idea about common problems & Parts are all gone from Dealers. If you want to keep your SSR on the road?

Educate your self. I do all my own trouble shooting, Maintenance & repairs. I have front end aligned ever 6k & transmission checked out every 25,000 by trusted repair facilities. Also get Continental all weather Tires. I tried Goodyear & Firestone. Wore out quickly because the tread depth is HALF a normal tire. Continental Tires are full tread & give excellent traction in all weather conditions including snow. But SSR is terrible on ICE. Traction control is worthless. Have to turn off to move. Then turn on to keep tires from loosing traction once the SSR is finally moving.

I Love my SSR. Just am so sick & tired of Stupid Mechanics & Parts people when I ask for help. I would rather have a repair facility say no. Then have them rob me guessing what is in need of repair.

- , Toledo, OH, USA