1998 Chevrolet Silverado brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Silverado:

1998 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 122013

Silverado 4WD 8-cyl

I almost hit a person crossing the street, I was coming to a slow stop, the brakes started making a boing boing noise, everytime it made the noise the brakes stopping power went away the person crossing the street realised the truck was having problems... I"ve had 3 of this model truck my first was a 97 Tahoe bad breaks I actually got into an accident with that truck rear ended Honda civic, my other one was a 94 Silverado I had to brake hard once the breaks gave way N the pedal was soft after that. My new one, the one I'm actually complaning about is a 98 Silverado 3500 with defective brakes this is a poor design by GM motors this has to be recalled and repaired. I do know someone who crashed his 2 door Blazer into a water tanker he brake hard N the brakes gave out 88-98 GM trucks and SUV's have deeeeeeefective brakes 3/3 I've had problems with this is not right.

- Hollywood, CA, USA