1.5

1998 Chevrolet Silverado cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Silverado:

1998 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

May 112003

Silverado 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 1998 Chevy Silverado 4X4 1 ton pickup. I was having terrible over heating problems, suddenly while on the highway one day and I stopped and opened the radiator it looked like black sludge. After taking it to be fixed I find it is the coolant that Chevy installs called dexcool and it is causing all kinds of problems for most Chevy consumers. What can we do? I have to have a new engine after they emptied out 1/2 gallon of the sludge from my vehicle. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you, mr w. J. bryant.

- Fairborn, OH, USA