8.0

1. replaced door handle (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Silverado accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado:

1999 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Aug 102011

Silverado LT 5.3L

The Passenger 3rd door exterior door handle broke making it so that the only way to open the door was by the interior handle. This handle is very difficult to use. We replaced the exterior handle and a little over a week after it to broke. You have to use above average force to get any of the 3rd door handles to work. My uncle has the same truck (different trim pkg) and has the same problem. This leads me to believe it is a defect in manufacturing not in my particular truck. MAJOR hassle when you have to kids and a dog that need to get in and out of the backseat. I've been proud Chevy owner for, well since Ive got my license.

- , Boulder Junction, WI, USA